7E Communications >
Glossary > Glossary Terms Beginning
Glossary Terms Beginning W
0-9 : A
: B : C
: D : E
: F : G
: H : I
: J : K
: L : M
N : O
: P : Q
: R : S
: T : U
: V : W
: X : Y
- Watt: measurement of power.
- See WRC.
- Metallic microwave conductor, typically rectangular in shape, used to connect
microwave signals with antennas; generic term for the feedhorn assembly; the connecting
piece (or pieces) between the output of the HPA and the feed-arm of the uplink
- Waveguide loss
- Loss due to waveguides introducing some attenuation to the signal.
- Large frequency bandwidth: see broadband.
- Ku-band satellite antenna pattern offering broader coverage, up to 8000 km
(5000 miles) in diameter, but only available at lower power levels because the
power is spread over a wider area.
- World Administrative Radiocommunication Conference: regular summit conference
for the ITU-R. After 1992, renamed World Radiocommunications Conference.