7E Communications >
Glossary > Glossary Terms Beginning
Glossary Terms Beginning V
0-9 : A
: B : C
: D : E
: F : G
: H : I
: J : K
: L : M
N : O
: P : Q
: R : S
: T : U
: V : W
: X : Y
- Volt: measurement of electrical potential difference.
- Protocol used for communications between a network access device and a packet-data
network (ITU-T standard).
- Volt amperes: a measurement of power.
- Volts, alternating current.
- Video and audio storage and transmission - portable: store and forward video
unit for newsgathering manufactured by TOKO.
- Volts, direct current.
- The process of visually and aurally linking two or more groups across a telecommunications
network for (typically) business meeting purposes.
- Very small aperture terminal: refers to small fixed earth stations, usually
with antennas up to 2.4 m, used in a 'star' or 'mesh' network for business communications.
- Voltage standing wave ratio: measurement of mismatch in a cable, waveguide
or antenna system.