7E Communications >
Glossary > Glossary Terms Beginning
Glossary Terms Beginning U
0-9 : A
: B : C
: D : E
: F : G
: H : I
: J : K
: L : M
N : O
: P : Q
: R : S
: T : U
: V : W
: X : Y
- Rack-height unit: a unit of measurement of height for equipment racks, where 1 U = 1.75 in (44.5 mm); also referred to as RU.
- The point at which the ISDN telephone line terminates at a subscriber's premises.
- Universal Mobile Telecommunication System: ETSI system.
- Transmission from one origin to one destination only.
- Earth station equipment to convert from IF to RF frequency: transforms the modulated IF signal from the modulator up to the desired transmit frequency by a process of frequency shifting or conversion.
- Earth station used to transmit signals to a satellite; the transmit earth station-to-satellite connection.
- Universal time co-ordinated: measurement of time, locked to an atomic clock reference, particularly used in space science and engineering; virtually the same as Greenwich Mean Time.