7E Communications >
Glossary > Glossary Terms Beginning
Glossary Terms Beginning O
0-9 : A
: B : C
: D : E
: F : G
: H : I
: J : K
: L : M
N : O
: P : Q
: R : S
: T : U
: V : W
: X : Y
- Occasional capacity; Occasional use
- Capacity available for ad hoc bookings.
- Occupied bandwidth
- Absolute bandwidth occupied by the signal within a transponder or allocated
- Offset prime focus
- Type of parabolic antenna where the focus of the antenna is displaced: instead
of being at the centre of the parabola (the 'vertex') the focus is shifted up.
- Orthogonal mode transducer.
- In line with the main beam of an antenna.
- Orbital period
- Time taken for a satellite to go through one complete orbit.
- Orthogonal mode transducer
- OMT: multi-port microwave device that allows the transmission of signals on
one polarization while receiving signals on the opposite polarization.
- Electronic instrument for viewing and measuring electrical and electronic
- Failure of satellite link.