7E Communications >
Glossary > Glossary Terms Beginning
Glossary Terms Beginning N
0-9 : A
: B : C
: D : E
: F : G
: H : I
: J : K
: L : M
N : O
: P : Q
: R : S
: T : U
: V : W
: X : Y
- National Aeronautical Space Administration (US).
- Zone of non-ionizing radiation.
- Journalistic and technical process of gathering news for broadcast.
- Unwanted and unmodulated energy that is always present to some extent within
any signal; interference or unwanted signals.
- Noise figure
- Figure of merit of a device, such as an LNA or receiver, expressed in dB,
which compares the device with a perfect one.
- Noise floor
- Level of constant residual noise in a system.
- Satellite capacity that is not dedicated for any particular purpose, e.g.
telephony, Internet, DTH.
- Non-ionizing radiation
- Electromagnetic radiation encompassing the spectrum of ultraviolet radiation,
light, infrared radiation and radio frequency radiation, with low energy, insufficient
to permanently alter cell structures.
- Network termination device - ISDN.
- Point at which a second network termination device such as an ISDN switchboard
is connected to the NT1 at the T-interface.
- National Television Systems Committee: generic term for US analogue colour
television system used in North America and Japan, based upon 60 fields per second
and 525 lines.