7E Communications >
Glossary > Glossary Terms Beginning
Glossary Terms Beginning H
0-9 : A
: B : C
: D : E
: F : G
: H : I
: J : K
: L : M
N : O
: P : Q
: R : S
: T : U
: V : W
: X : Y
- Framing protocol used as part of H.320 (ITU-T standard).
- Control and indication protocol used as part of H.320 (ITU-T standard).
- Communications procedure protocol used as part of H.320 (ITU-T standard).
- Audio compression algorithm standard (ITU-T standard).
- Further refinement of H.320 to improve performance (ITU-T standard).
- Specification for video-conferencing over ISDN (ITU-T standard).
- High definition television: television system with approximately twice the
horizontal and twice the vertical resolution of current 525-line and 625-line
systems, with component colour coding, picture aspect ratio of 16:9 and a frame
rate of at least 24 Hz.
- Hz: term for the basic measure of an electromagnetic wave completing a full
oscillation from its positive to its negative pole and back again in what is known
as a cycle; thus 1 Hertz is equal to one cycle per second.
- A single Earth-satellite-Earth path.
- See Feedhorn.
- High-power amplifier.
- High-speed data.
- Unit of frequency, where 1 Hz describes one cycle per second; 1 kHz = 1000
Hz (1 × 103 Hz); 1 MHz = 1000 000 Hz (1 × 106 Hz); 1 GHz = 1000 000 000 Hz (1